Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Preparation for Baby

Carseat:  The carseat will be here Monday!  I'm sooo excited.  This is the first big thing for the baby.  My parents got it for her, so Monday I'll be heading to their house to await the UPS Truck!  After much research, we decided on the Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air in McKenna.  I actually liked the pink and gray one (one of the few girly items I actually like out there - hot pink just isn't my thing), but we dont know for sure we're having a girl...and what if the next baby is a boy... we'd like to be able to move this baby into a convertable and use the same bucket for the next kiddo (hopefully before the seat expires!).  Originally we were going to just skip the bucket, and use a convertable, unfortunately, it wouldn't fit in my car rear facing at the angle needed for a newborn.

Diapers:  My cloth diaper stash is nearly complete for the first 4-5 months or so.  In the right hand column I've listed what is in it.  I got all but one of the Nubunz for $3 EACH!  Apparently, they got a bad batch of fabric and didn't know it until it was too late, so they're selling all the diapers made at that time at a huge discount.  Customers have been reporting about a 25% failure rate, and some even luck out with all good diapers!  Depending on how many are bad, I will probably have to get some more.  Trevor's mom found a bunch of soakers (what goes inside the diaper) and a couple of used diapers that have been added too.  The soakers were great because I ordered the Nubunz without them... the reviews on their soakers weren't all that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment